Mark Bramwell on the Providential Blessings
The church has committed cardinal errors already in the realm of the Word (“revision” of Cheon Seong Gyeong), in the realm of the nation (phony “Cheon Il Guk constitution”) and now finally in the crucial realm of the Blessing. Can such a church be rescued? I don’t see how. Better to prepare a lifeboat and encourage blessed families to flee the sinking ship.
Here are some of the fatal mistakes in their theological reasoning:
- This Blessing event is supposed to have “providential significance” but it is actually just a forgiveness ceremony of a couple of True Children who are mixing God’s lineage with the fallen lineage. Such Blessed Children are relegated to 1st gen status, losing their position as blessed children. We are supposed to use these bad examples to educate members. However, we should use them to educate members about what NOT to do, i.e. that we should NOT throw away God’s lineage for the sake of a romance with someone out of the 1st Gen.
- “True Parents spoke about how in the future the wall dividing the Blessing for first and second-generation members would disappear” Where is this to be found in Father’s teachings?
- “Roman leaders and aristocrats began to admire and respect the lifestyle of these Christians, and began to marry Christians. This allowed the heavenly tradition and God’s word to take root, and ultimately led to the victorious providence of the Roman Emperor Theodosius making Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire. In the same way, the joint Holy Wedding of Yeon-jin nim and Jeung-jin nim, as a Blessing centered on our Heavenly Parent and True Parents, shall surely become a providential occasion that reflects Heaven’s grace and love, and a basis from which Cheon Il Guk will be further substantiated.”
It is a fallacy to compare the situation of the Christians in the Roman Empire with the situation of Unificationists in the fallen world today. While you can become a Christian by baptism in water, you cannot become a Blessed Child except by birth into God’s restored lineage. Blessed Children and 1st gen are of a fundamentally different spiritual origin, which is why, when 2nd Gen marry 1st, they give up their status as Blessed Children. In no way can Cheon Il Guk be substantiated by such mixed-up Blessings. Father said that the Israelites failed because they intermarried with the Canaanites.
Anyway, I can hardly imagine “leaders and aristocrats” in today’s society being much attracted to the current church. You must be joking.
What happened to the heavenly tradition of Matching whereby parents, representing God, or parents and children together find a spouse? What is the difference between the marriage of Yeon Jin Nim and Jeung-Jin Nim and those in the fallen world? Nothing, except that they are being conducted under the dishonest guise of a “great providential ceremony” – yet another example of the “Emperor’s New Clothes”.
Why not keep your feet on the ground, show honesty, and simply say that the two youngest True Daughters have sinned against the heavenly tradition and are now being forgiven – with a warning to the 2nd Gen not to commit the same mistake?
- “True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind, who have given permission and blessed Yeon-jin nim’s and Jeung-jin nim’s joint Holy Wedding with a heart of true love in order to embrace and save all humankind.” You do not embrace and save humankind by compromising God’s pure lineage and finding boyfriends and girlfriends in the fallen world. That is confusing and misleading humankind.
- All this blasphemy is being done in the name of “True Parents” but has nothing to do with Father’s teachings at all. It will speed up the downfall of the church and drag other Blessed Children down with it.